May 31, 2010

Over & Over

Why is it I feel like a broken record?  Everyday its the same thing over and over again.  Nolan back away from the TV--turn the volume down---stop folding the rug in half--stop bouncing up and down as hard as you can making it sound like an earthquake- stop banging the window with your head--stop running back and forth through the house sounding like the tasmanian devil!  Everytime I tell him to do something--such as go potty its met with a head throw back and a whiney NO & I have to force him to do whatever it is.   OMG lately we have been into blues clues HARD--it wouldn't be so bad, but its the same episodes over & over again!  If we try to watch TV-its met with all of the above and then some.  Atleast if its on some of it stops.  Don't get me wrong, we do watch TV or change directions in the car or give him something or make him do something he doesn't want--but its very hard.  I know my older daughter gets frustrated (shes 12) because he seems to get "his way" more.  Trust me its not on purpose--its to keep the peace.  I have had days when Nolan is crying so hard/loud that I am waiting for the cops to show up!  He will scream as hard as he can because I make him stop banging his head against the window.

I know it sounds like I'm whining--but sometimes I feel like I am in the "boat" all by myself and its sinking fast and I cant get out.  I know I'm not by myself--I have my husband & blog followers to vent to--but I know its gets tiring to listen to all the time.  I wish our families were more supportive & available to talk with--but sadly our communication is next to nothing.  We don't know if its they are embarrassed/don't know how to deal with Nolan or just plain don't want to.  Which is really not fair to him--he DID NOT ASK TO BE BORN THIS WAY!!!!  As far as friends are concerned--we have a few that are much better at communicating with us then our families.

Anyway--we've had some good time recently.  Nolan turned 5 in April and it seems so hard to believe.  We gave him a birthday party at a Gymnastics place & he loved it.  We had about 20 kids join us and Nolans OT--who is also is part time PCA & he did wonderful with waiting for his turn and watching other kids play. It was awesome!  Then in Mid-May we went to Hampton Beach and he had a great time. He didn't want to get out of the water--even tho' it was COLD!  He wasn't a fan of the sand-but he did great.

My Madison who HATES getting her hair wet was also amazing.  She played in the sand & the water. She also helped the other kids (we went with another family) even look for crabs/seastars etc.  It was a good time.

I am trying to blog more often--but we will see how that goes.  It helps to get things off your mind & bounce things/ideas off others.  I appreciate everybodys comments

No comments:

Post a Comment